What is a Camino Coach?
Think of a Camino coach like your personal guide to preparing body, mind and spirit for the Camino de Santiago. We work with you to prepare for every aspect of your trip.
Camino Coaching is crafted from years of experience using a deep knowledge of the Camino de Santiago and meaningful inner work practices.
You’ll have time to ask all of the questions. Past clients say we answer the questions they didn’t realize they had!
A Simple 3 Step Process
Step 1 - Connect
Fill out the Application Form, and meet with a Camino expert for a FREE 15-minute consultation to see if Camino coaching is a good fit for you.
Step 2 - The Course
Next up, take the Ultimate Camino de Santiago Preparation course. It’s an online course that is user-friendly and once purchased, you’ll have lifetime access to the material. This is the perfect starting point for anyone preparing to walk the Camino de Santiago.
Step 3 - Camino Coaching
Once you take the course, you will receive a welcome packet including the Inner Alchemy of Pilgrimage workbook and 3 downloadable guided meditations. You’ll also be prompted to schedule 3 private 60-minute sessions with Jamie Gominger, founder of Lotus Compass and Camino expert.
- Session 1: Pre-Camino Q&A – Your opportunity to ask all the questions you have pertaining to logistics and planning in preparation for the Camino.
- Session 2: Pre-Camino Inner Journey Coaching – Prepare for the inner journey of walking a pilgrimage. The takeaways for this session differ as the curriculum varies based on each person’s needs. Inner Journey session topics can include: finding your why, fine-tuning intentions, mindful travel, unhinging fear, and guided self-inquiry.
- Session 3: Post-Camino Integration – Jamie will hold space as you process your Camino. This ensures a smoother transition to life back home, using the lessons learned to maintain your deeper understanding of yourself and the world.
*BONUS* - Also included
- A personalized gift package including a Pilgrim’s Credential, Camino notebook, and Silent Walking Meditation Badge.
Cost: Starting at $180
Additional sessions with your Camino coach may be purchased for $60/hour. This can be helpful for weekly check-ins during your Camino or additional pre or post Camino sessions.
Get Started Now
Why Hire a Camino Coach?
Our Sessions Cover
We'll focus on logistical & physical Camino preparation. You'll have everything in place to feel ready for your pilgrimage.
Our sessions will touch on the inner journey. We'll cover how to evoke sacred travel through contemplative practices.
Our last Camino coaching session will cover your re-entry into life back home after the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Coaching Is For You If:
Results: What You Can Expect
- Feel confident as you set out for the adventure of a lifetime
- Gain clarity on your intentions for walking the Camino
- Access to inner wisdom that guides you on your journey
- Get in the best shape of your life & avoid injury while on the Camino through a training schedule
- Get in touch with yourself & quiet the voice of doubt or uncertainty
- Feel less dependent of others in all aspects of your life – trust in yourself
Get Started Now
How It Works
Frequently asked questions:
You’ll be taken to the Camino coaching questionnaire, and we will be in touch shortly to continue the conversation.
Your Camino coach will not book anything for you. The Camino is a great choice because pre-booking isn’t required on the popular routes.
With that being said, if you’re interested in getting help with the booking of your trip, check out our travel planning services and email us to discuss further!
After our initial conversation whether by phone or email and you’ve decided you’re ready to move forward, you’ll be sent a secure link to pay.
Of course you can! What a thoughtful gift! First, send us an email, and then we will send you an e-gift card.
Yes. A 2019 study completed by the Pilgrim’s Office in Santiago de Compostela showed that 49% of pilgrims walked for spiritual reasons rather than religious. For the modern pilgrim, the journey is leading you back to yourself, and each step of the way teaches you valuable lessons.
The inner journey refers to self discovery and growth. Most often, the intentionality of looking for answers, listening to yourself, and being curious about what shows up along the way is a major part of inner work.
If you were my coaching client, I’d tell you:
- Check in with your body. How does the idea feel in your body? Good but scary or exciting? That’s a good sign!
- Ask yourself clarifying questions. How would this program change my life? What would happen if I did this? What would my decision be if I knew I couldn’t fail. What am I noticing within myself as I ask these questions?
- Journal about it. Is there a particular fear or worry that is coming up for you? Write it out and see what comes up.
- Reflect. What are your intentions for the upcoming year of your life? How would this play into those intentions?