a community of conscious travelers
together we can change the travel industry for the better.
the lotus compass travel philosophy
3 Pillars of Conscious Travel
As wisdom traditions emphasize, the path must start with oneself. The conscious traveler embarks on an inner and outer journey. You travel to awaken, to understand, to open, to come home to who you truly are. This aspect of the path involves personal inquiry. Ask yourself:
- What am I searching for?
- How can I awaken to the beauty, magic, and wonder of life on my journey?
- How can I bring awareness and self inquiry into my trip?
This refers to the culture you’re entering as a traveler. Treat others with respect and curiosity. Questions around this topic are:
- How can I cultivate deep connections with people I meet along the way?
- How can I honor traditions that have existed before me?
- Am I able to consume consciously?
- How can I support local organizations?
“Other than” refers to the birds, trees, rivers, all that we see and do not see in our natural environment. As we begin to align with self and other, the environment follows.
- How can I lower my carbon footprint and show up as a steward to the land?
- What does it look like to live harmoniously with the planet?
- In what ways can I travel more sustainably?